Happy Cinco de Mayo beautiful people! Okay so I have to rave again and put out this disclaimer that my husband makes amazing food! One of our new favorites is his guacamole! If you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious snack you have to give it a try! And it’s super simple too!
But before we begin here are a few benefits of avocados:
- They have more potassium than bananas.
- They are loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- They are loaded with fiber.
- They could lower cholesterol.
- They are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes.
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Aids with weight loss!
Okay so let’s jump in!!!
- 1 Lime
- 2 Avocados
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 jalapeños chopped
- 1/2 tomato (no seeds) chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- Chopped cilantro
- 1/4 onion finely chopped (so your wife will not find out)
Smash all the ingredients together & enjoy!!!
We usually pair our guacamole with Late July organic chips, or any healthy chip option!
This recipe is truly a must try! The only thing is you’re going to get hooked! LOL!
Photo credit: californiaavocado.com; wholeandheavenlyoven.com