Are we ready to rumble yet?! It’s game time! Okay mommies so we know that the grills are about to be fired up! But we wanted to ensure that you had a healthy and delicious option as well. Now nothing has changed, I am still not the greatest at getting the exact measurements for recipes! However I wanted to share another one of my hubby’s oh so great foods. We practically make this chicken every week! It’s super simple, very delicious and super nutritious as well! Try to use organic and fresh ingredients to obtain the best results. So let’s jump right in to my chef aka my hubby’s amazing game day chicken:)
Kureem’ s healthy & tasty game day sautéed chicken™
Himalayan pink salt
1. Wash chicken in lime.
2. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic, basil, thyme, and paprika.
3. Tenderize the meat. (Pound, pound, smash, smash! Lol!)
4. Let it marinate for about 25-30 mins.
5. In a skillet heat about 2 tbsp. of coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
6. Place the seasoned meat in the pan and cooked for about 5-7 mins. on each side on medium heat or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. You can sprinkle some cayenne at this point to give it that extra kick!
We usually pair this chicken with a salad, baked garlic broccoli, sweet potato, or with some grilled asparagus. This is a great dish to carry to a super bowl party, and it’s also an excellent treat for the kids:) You can also use these seasonings for a grilled chicken as well.
So there you have it! Are you having a Super bowl party? Are you attending one? What’s on the menu? Remember to keep it happy & healthy:)
Photocredit: chowhound.com, opconventioncenter.com